SM-4290 Research Project (a.k.a. Final Year Project)
Guides on writing research proposals
Sample FYP Research Proposals
Sample FYP Reports
- Condensing two semesters worth of work into 10 minutes can be challenging. Choose only the most important and noteworthy results to share.
- Ensure that you presentation is cohesive: there should be a beginning, a middle and an end which all flows together nicely.
- If you’re struggling what to talk about, just picture telling the audience a story: what is the research problem, what have you done, and what have you found out?
- Practice, practice, practice! Public speaking may not come naturally to everyone, so it really helps if you practice beforehand. This way you can time your presentation accordingly and make adjustments if necessary, too.
- Supplement your slides with appropriate graphics/tables and plan what you want to say during the presentation. It’s a bad habit to just read off the presentation slides.
- Do not panic. You are in a safe environment. No one will make fun of you if you slip up!
- Speak clearly and at a normal pace.
- Anticipate what questions might be asked of your presentation so you can be prepared.
- Have fun, and don’t forget to smile!